For your enjoyment, here is a recent Twitter thread I participated in.
Tim Haines tweets are in this color. My tweets are in this color.
- @gpdawson Did you know that Oz Weather was in the top paid list for Pakistan 3 days ago? At number 77 no less. Did their cricket team visit?
- @timhaines What a gem! I’ll have to add that into my promo. No Pakistan cricket team here. But I’m guessing not many sales for #77 in P.
- @gpdawson It was 3 days ago, do you have sales stats for then? I’d be interested in how many sales were needed? Maybe 2? 🙂
- @timhaines In past two weekly reports there was 1 (one) sale in Pakistan. And 0 (zero) in latest daily reports. LOL!!!
- @gpdawson Ha. Apparently by having 1 sales, you can get to number 77 on Pakistan’s top paid list. Woot! @gpdawson did it with Oz Weather
So yes, apparently just one sale makes it to #77 in the Pakistan iTunes store.
In fact it seems similar is true of a number of national iTunes stores. @veiledgames reported that just one sale in Israel puts them in the top 50 there. And @majicDave reported that four sales was enough to get to #1 in Lebanon.
Let’s just say there is obviously a lot of potential for growth in these places. 🙂 Maybe the much anticipated (but as yet purely speculative) Nano iPhone or iPod Touch will help things along.